Sawyer

That looks AWESOME! and exactly what i am looking for in the log, something powered on that I can take a quick strong hit with, preferably dry. I’ll be turning the CL on and doing some more experimenting later (oh what a tough life it is ;) ) I’ll keep y’all posted about the results

Pcloudy

That was a suggestion from coolbreeze. Thank you @coolbreeze
The Camouflet tip fits perfectly like it was made for the CL.
I tried it with different stems and the Revolve Gen2 and the Simrell MVS are my favorites.

I have a random simrell Blackwood stem with no port and it’s perfect for the couch log although the mvs is a bit cooler to the inhale.

Sawyer

I did some more testing and had better results (yay!). I slowed my draw speed way down, and on the initial hit if I see the vapor getting too thick I just take the heater off. Not ideal but I’m sure my technique will improve over time.

It’s a bit more finicky than I expected it to be but it makes sense looking at the diameter of the bowl and the proximity to the heater. I may try a glass bowl in the future too (if I had known I would’ve just included it heh) but I want to try and master this first.

Thanks for the help! It’s such a nice (and tiny!) vape. I have a thing for wooden vapes, hand feel is unmatched.

coolbreeze

I may try a glass bowl in the future too (if I had known I would’ve just included it heh) but I want to try and master this first.
I'd recommend the bowl to anyone considering the CL. The stems are essential but the bowl is as well, I feel. The distance really helps manage the extra restriction of a water pipe, providing a more even roast. There's also the extra capacity, really great flavor, etc. I use the bowl (or the JoDa bowl) probably 90% of the time, fwiw. The glass stem is pretty sweet for smaller amounts/lower temps, with breath adjustments for closeness.

That was a suggestion from coolbreeze. Thank you @coolbreeze
The Camouflet tip fits perfectly like it was made for the CL.
I tried it with different stems and the Revolve Gen2 and the Simrell MVS are my favorites.

Yes! This is great too--very open, flavorful, great for low temp hits. A little more challenging to mate up on a waterpipe but works great once you line it up.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

When you say JoDa bowl, do you mean the one in the 420eng shop?
No, that's the CL "glass bowl" but do get that one! The JoDa Glassworks bowl is made by an FC glassblower @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd .
Here's some info:

Last edited:

Sawyer

I have just now tried it using a glass injector bowl and a 14mm adapter I had laying around. Space between the heater and herb is more than doubled this way and holy shit it hits so much better this way! Ran it around 4, 4.5. I’ll still have to order a proper bowl though since this one is 18mm but the adapter makes the heated area smaller.

Is there anybody out there using the stainless bowl? Would’ve been great if it came with a glass injector bowl in my opinion, it completely opens up the vape. The stainless bowl reminds me of using a sticky brick with a thin 14mm downstem bong, there isn’t enough airflow so the margin of error between hot enough to vape and not hot enough to scorch becomes very small. Not saying the stainless bowl has low airflow but imo it has a similar small margin of error.

edit: or maybe a deeper ss bowl or a way to adjust the screen position or something. Just making suggestions here btw please don’t take these remarks as complaints. I’m very happy with it :science:

Last edited:

coolbreeze

I have just now tried it using a glass injector bowl and a 14mm adapter I had laying around. Space between the heater and herb is more than doubled this way and holy shit it hits so much better this way! Ran it around 4, 4.5. I’ll still have to order a proper bowl though since this one is 18mm but the adapter makes the heated area smaller.

Is there anybody out there using the stainless bowl? Would’ve been great if it came with a glass injector bowl in my opinion, it completely opens up the vape. The stainless bowl reminds me of using a sticky brick with a thin 14mm downstem bong, there isn’t enough airflow so the margin of error between hot enough to vape and not hot enough to scorch becomes very small. Not saying the stainless bowl has low airflow but imo it has a similar small margin of error.

edit: or maybe a deeper ss bowl or a way to adjust the screen position or something. Just making suggestions here btw please don’t take these remarks as complaints. I’m very happy with it :science:
I think you kinda have to think about them as being two different uses. I turn down quite a bit when I go direct and I've learned to even the top rather than tamping and to pack a little less than full. I go through water most of the time but direct is just kind of its own fun thing to master.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Is there anybody out there using the stainless bowl? Would’ve been great if it came with a glass injector bowl in my opinion, it completely opens up the vape. The stainless bowl reminds me of using a sticky brick with a thin 14mm downstem bong, there isn’t enough airflow so the margin of error between hot enough to vape and not hot enough to scorch becomes very small. Not saying the stainless bowl has low airflow but imo it has a similar small margin of error
I used to pretty much exclusively use a glass bowl but I bought a wood bowl from https://www.dfreezdesigns.com/ and it's really great. Wood is pretty indestructible and has nice insulating properties like glass.

I've recently repurposed the stock metal bowl by placing it inside a 14mm glass reducer. I just wedge it in there and use the o-ring to make a good seal and use that with a dry glass hook. You can also use the CL with the stock stem and place that in a 14mm glass hook.

I understand the design of the stainless bowl. You want a thin, narrow pipe to eliminate the possibility of scorching and hotspots that can occur when the diameter of the bowl exceeds that of the CL tip. If you use the right temp (around 4 for me, always less than with a glass bowl) and regulate your draw, the stock bowl extracts really really well.

Edit: VERY important in any convection vape to have your screens be as clean as possible for the best experience!

Top Bottom