Firewood Vaporizer

Suki

my order is being held at customs and they are claiming it is missing the invoice, something tells me I'm not done waiting for this one :disgust:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I can't explain exactly why, but I am enjoying my FW9 so much more with a stem from Good Vibes Boro.

I asked Mike for a little extra length and the 1/2 inch makes a big difference.

Try a GVB stem and see if it doesn't take an already great vape and make it just a bit better.

Yeah mine sticks out like a hole inch, and is secure non-retractable, absolutely love it :nod:

Duba

Accessory Maker
Recently traded my TM2 for a Firewood 7 and I feel I have landed on my dream vape. Seriously been an incredible experience with it. Both out of the house and through water, its performance is absolutely exceptional. The form factor and looks are perfect for me and what I want out of a battery vape.

Loving the honeymoon period but feels like a vape I could live with it being my only one.
Congrats. My favorite, even today!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
PXL-20240510-195710347.jpg

Yep, still smacks, best wake n bake :spliff:

Duba

Accessory Maker
So @Duba, I experimented accidentally and found out my firewood 8, albeit slightly tight, fits inside the firewood 9 leather case. Is this going to stretch out my leather case if I were to use this every once in a while for transportation?

I think the leather will stretch if it's forced into the Fw8.
Over time, it risks to be too loose for the Fw9 and will remain ill-fitting for the Fw8.:\

For your information, I have a few one-off models that I made when I was lent the fw8, available on my website. You can use code FC10LK if you're interested (-10%).

Puddentain

I can't explain exactly why, but I am enjoying my FW9 so much more with a stem from Good Vibes Boro.

I asked Mike for a little extra length and the 1/2 inch makes a big difference.

Try a GVB stem and see if it doesn't take an already great vape and make it just a bit better.
I love the GVB stem that I picked up a few weeks ago. Went with the pink lemonade cooling bricks and lIke the way that the stems fits without an adaptor - very solid. The candy packed in with the shipment made a sweet 4/20 deal even better.

Suki

my order is being held at customs and they are claiming it is missing the invoice, something tells me I'm not done waiting for this one :disgust:
update: I got super lucky, customs messed up in the right way, I paid no import taxes :D (somehow they ended up putting the country of destination as country of origin)

now about the device itself, I got the FW9 bowl version
first impressions: it is very well made and looks so much better in real life (and is also quite small!)

I dissembled it entirely before first use, was really easy to do, the design makes perfect sense and the sliding parts fit and slide nicely

followed these instructions:
My technique : (i use only one setting temp, 390°F)
1° press the fire button,
2° at the 2nd buzz, i wait 2 or 3 seconds longer (especially at the beginning) and then i start inhaling, slowly (still pressing the button).
3° Towards the end of the shot, i release the button and continue sucking few seconds to empty the bowl.

I just did two bowls back to back, very nice vapor and cooling from the spiked glass stem is perfect

I was a bit worried about having to press and hold a button to use but given how fast it heats up, it makes sense, legit on demand

very cool device, I love it already

thx @firewood :leaf:

NoodIes

Got my cooling unit from GoodVibesBoro! And wow the logs make a huge difference. The vapor is much cooler for longer in the session and the flavor benefits greatly.
cu.jpg
cu1.jpg

Also put together a lil case for my 6 and 9! nice Rolled up the foam from GoodVibesBoro's excellent shipping to hold them safely and protect the cooling unit glass. Cut the logo out using a cricut!

fwCase1.jpg
fwCase2.jpg

Last edited:

RedZep

I suppose TM2 is the closest similar vape to the FW9. Could someone help me understand the FW9 by posting the key differences in function. Things like bowl size, convection/conduction, airflow restriction etc.

Edit. I'm not looking for a comparison. I don't need to know which is superior in any way. Just trying to understand the nature of the device.

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
I suppose TM2 is the closest similar vape to the FW9. Could someone help me understand the FW9 by posting the key differences in function. Things like bowl size, convection/conduction, airflow restriction etc.
Main difference I’m aware of is the TM2 is basically full convection in on demand or session mode while the FW8/9 is primarily hybrid conduction and is exclusively on demand. Draw restriction in the Firewood 9 tends to depend on the tamp, been noticing less restriction in bowl mode rather than capsule mode since I don’t have to tamp quite as firmly to prevent bits from falling out and burning. I believe the bowls are about the same capacity, but I don’t have a Tinymight to verify.

Main difference I’m aware of is the TM2 is basically full convection in on demand or session mode while the FW8/9 is primarily hybrid conduction and is exclusively on demand. Draw restriction in the Firewood 9 tends to depend on the tamp, been noticing less restriction in bowl mode rather than capsule mode since I don’t have to tamp quite as firmly to prevent bits from falling out and burning. I believe the bowls are about the same capacity, but I don’t have a Tinymight to verify.
A tamped FW9 bowl and loose(ish) OEM TM2 bowl are essentially equal capacity at ~.15-.2 grams, IME.

For me, the TM2 is a get’r done while the FW9 is very relaxing.

Bob “Rob” Roberts,
Reactions: Octavia
Top Bottom