The Screwball by Vapvana

Vapvana

Manufacturer

May Update​

Hi Y'all :wave:

I've been busy working on a lot of projects, and haven't been as active as I'd like. I will most likely be MIA until I'm caught up on computer work (I'm working on a new website update :science:).

However, I still have a bunch of updates so let's hop in.

Current Screwball Design + Future Changes​

All orders moving forward will have the updated lid, housing, and branded PID:
IMG_1142.jpg
IMG_1144.jpg

New Parts Available For Sale​

Once I have extra parts (housing + lid) on hand I will make a listing for current screwball owners to purchase the bits. The listing will be $33 with free shipping, and only available to current screwball owners.

If you ordered from one of our international retailers, I'm working on getting them the upgraded parts soon too (Rec Vapes, Wick & Wire, and VapeNorth).

Past Screwball Revisions​

The Screwball has taken over 10 rounds of revisions to get to this point. The goal has always been to create the most refined product possible, and it's taking a lot of trial and error to get to the current design.

bowl-lid-prototypes.jpg

Screwball Material Used​

To clarify, all released products (unless specified otherwise) will be Titanium. We make prototypes in SS because it's a faster manufacturing process and we receive the samples quicker.

From my personal experience testing Titanium vs SS, I prefer the Titanium version every time and notice a loss of flavor when using SS (Your results may vary)

Planned Screwball Changes​

New Bowl Design​

Now that the new lid + housing is done, we are testing a new bowl design with removable glass joints. Here is a preview of the microdose bowl that uses the glass joints:

After the OG Bowl w/ glass joints is tested it will be available separately at a discounted rate (TBD) for current SB owners. I also plan to transition the new bowl design into kits and discontinue the metal joint version.

Coil Guard​

We are testing a coil guard too. After testing is complete this will also be available for current SB owners at a discounted price.

IMG_1149.jpg

Branded Packaging​

The final planned change is to update the packaging so its branded and retail ready (looks good sitting on the shelf).

Deluxe Stand​

We are working on a deluxe stand, but have no estimate on when it will be ready. This would be available as a separate upgrade, and there is no plans to add this into the kit (for cost purposes)

IMG_1153.jpg

20mm Diffuser + Conduction Test​

Here is the latest prototype of the 20mm version being tested:
IMG_1152.jpg

20mm Features:​

• 20mm coil instead of 25mm
  • 3mm gems instead of 2.5mm
  • Works with microdose + OG Bowl
  • Budget option - estimated retail price of ~$249 or less (subject to change)

20mm Release Timeline​

After the microdose bowl is complete, we will do a test run for 50 kits of the 20mm version (I will list some for sale and send samples to others). If all goes well, it will be opened up for a presale when the first round of production starts (100+ kits).

Conduction Test:​

The Screwball was designed to have more conduction than other diffusers because the bowl goes into the area covered by the coil. This was done to maximize the conduction so the vape would work better at lower (convection) temps.

I wanted to put this to the test, so I did a little experiment with the 25mm Screwball vs the 20mm prototype (both models are SS for testing purposes).

Results:​

As I assumed, the 25mm version bowl temp increased faster, and reached a higher internal temp than the 20mm version. Although the results are pretty similar, there is a noticeable difference IMO (I'd like to do more testing when I have titanium versions of both heaters).

Screenshot_2024-05-14_at_9.01.46_PM.png

Social Media + Community Growth​

Although I know not everyone on this forum is fond of social media (myself included), it is however a great tool to reach a broader audience. And regardless of peoples' personal opinions of memes, they have been a great (low effort) way to grow our Instagram account.

IMG_1130.jpg
IMG_1131.jpg
IMG_1132.jpg

My goal has always been to serve the enthusiast communities, but also help grow them by making products more accessible to the non enthusiasts too.

Stickers​

If anyone ordered a Screwball from one of our retailers and didn't receive any stickers, then send me an email (hi@vapvana.com) and I'll ship you some for free :rockon:

Next Update​

There are some other prototypes and accessories in the works that I should have in my hands by the next update. If you need anything please reach out to me via email (hi@vapvana.com)

Happy vaping,
Cal

PS - You can still use code 'FC10' for 10% off on our site :)

Top Bottom