Vaphit Quartz Cap -

Gdash

I've been using the VHX with a triple flame torch to some great results. Tasty first hit with a follow up cloudy rip.

Works just as well with the DV cap with the added benefit of a slightly larger bowl. For the price this is a no brainer. I got a 2nd tip to use with my DV cap and induction heater so I wouldn't have to keep removing and adding the o rings. The tip is that good imo.

Last edited:

UhuM

I've been using the VHX with a triple flame torch to some great results. Tasty first hit with a follow up cloudy rip.
Had the first one with a torch yesterday and the screen on half bowl setting: great stuff, exactly as you've described.
Only thing: i'm loosing those balls with every session, as I'm constantly playing around with this thing and never remember, that this will unleash a flow of quartz pearls.... 😄

UhuM,
Reactions: Gdash

Rodney

guys it just arrived and am heating it with a crappy oven lighter and I got 3 decent hits from it with ok clouds.

keep_it_handy_refillable_electric_long_lighter_93564.jpg

Is gonna be good with a decent lighter.

Rodney,
Reactions: BH491

bobetsky

Had the first one with a torch yesterday and the screen on half bowl setting: great stuff, exactly as you've described.
Only thing: i'm loosing those balls with every session, as I'm constantly playing around with this thing and never remember, that this will unleash a flow of quartz pearls.... 😄
Dude, just unscrew the mouthpiece to put a screen, and let the tip in ; and you will stop loosing pearls :hmm::hmm:

bobetsky,
Reactions: UhuM

UhuM

Dude, just unscrew the mouthpiece to put a screen, and let the tip in ; and you will stop loosing pearls :hmm::hmm:
Screen is there as is the ruby star, but if you're unscrewing the mouthtip you're screwed 😄.

UhuM,

bobetsky

Screen is there as is the ruby star, but if you're unscrewing the mouthtip you're screwed 😄.
so how can you loose pearls is you have the screen ?!
Once they're inside except if you put out the tip there's no way out...

bobetsky,

UhuM

so how can you loose pearls is you have the screen ?!
Once they're inside except if you put out the tip there's no way out...
My screen on the mouth tip side sits only loose (like shown here at min 2.13:
), so if I unscrew the mouthtip the screen just doesn't hold back the pearls. Maybe I didn't see something to fixate the screen?

UhuM,
The Vapman will work, the cyclone will too. £50 to Drs Without Borders if you post a video of you heating it with the Big Buddy on full flame. Serious offer.

you make an excellent point. I had not considered that deliberately posting footage of combustion on this forum might be trolling/triggering.
I humbly apologise to the community and implore @SlickHenry to post footage of how it should be done with a larger flame ;o)

You still paying £50? Actually works really well with the Big Buddy.

Took me a while to work out how to fill the quartz pearls, use the screen and star as there are no instructions. My VHX also did not come with a screen installed in the mouthpiece so required a bit of trial and error. For me I attached the tip to the stem, I unscrewed the mouthpiece, the screen clicks in the mouthpiece, the star goes in first so it's nearer the tip end (this stops the pearls blocking the airflow from the tip) then approximately 10 pearls and screw on the mouthpiece.

I heated for approximately 10 secs with the large torch about level with the air holes, whilst spinning, until an orange flame just starts to engulf the whole cap. Result was perfectly thick vapour and 3-5 draws. The ABV was dark brown and an even extraction. It's a brilliant device and is a big step up from a VC in terms of size of bowl and flavour.

Tip: I think someone pointed it out above - if you lift the quartz cap up a couple of mms so there is a gap between the top of the tip and the cap you get zero scorching on the top of the bowl for perfect extraction.

Last edited:

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Found some time to do a review on the Vaphit X kit. Had enough goes to figure this out. In summary amazing value for the money, produces better hits to the obvious comparison at a cheaper price.

The hits are really tasty. It seems to be one heat and done. I have not combusted once using it so far. I am using a single flame adjustable kitchen torch.

Even though it does not have a clicker, it seems fairly forgiving and heating until there is some dis-colouration seems to work well. I would recommend the first few tries to heat it in the light. Once you know roughly how long to heat, by using the dis-colouration method, you can use it in lower light levels and do it by timing.

The stem provides good levels of cooling, and i did not find it harsh at all. The acessories provided are amazing for the price. You wont ever be short of o-rings again once you buy this kit!

Things i dont like. There are not many. The provided tweasers, i would not trust them on the glass cap. Would be afraid the cap would ping out of them. They are cheap and not much use. A leather decapper would be much better, but for the price i could be asking too much.

I have the same issue with the Vaphit X, that i do with a vapcap. The bowl is not big enough for me. It takes two bowls back to back to get me where i need to be. Half way through i have to deal with a hot cap to reload. Not ideal.

In summary - the Vaphit X wins the sub £50 butane trophy for me, and probably the sub £50 overall vape category as well. Amazing value, everything you need in one kit.

Hoping it will double up as a stem for my HI as well when it arrives.

Found some time to do a review on the Vaphit X kit. Had enough goes to figure this out. In summary amazing value for the money, produces better hits to the obvious comparison at a cheaper price.

The hits are really tasty. It seems to be one heat and done. I have not combusted once using it so far. I am using a single flame adjustable kitchen torch.

Even though it does not have a clicker, it seems fairly forgiving and heating until there is some dis-colouration seems to work well. I would recommend the first few tries to heat it in the light. Once you know roughly how long to heat, by using the dis-colouration method, you can use it in lower light levels and do it by timing.

The stem provides good levels of cooling, and i did not find it harsh at all. The acessories provided are amazing for the price. You wont ever be short of o-rings again once you buy this kit!

Things i dont like. There are not many. The provided tweasers, i would not trust them on the glass cap. Would be afraid the cap would ping out of them. They are cheap and not much use. A leather decapper would be much better, but for the price i could be asking too much.

I have the same issue with the Vaphit X, that i do with a vapcap. The bowl is not big enough for me. It takes two bowls back to back to get me where i need to be. Half way through i have to deal with a hot cap to reload. Not ideal.

In summary - the Vaphit X wins the sub £50 butane trophy for me, and probably the sub £50 overall vape category as well. Amazing value, everything you need in one kit.

Hoping it will double up as a stem for my HI as well when it arrives.
Agreed about the bamboo tongs. They are useless. Mine actually broke when I put any pressure on the cap to remove it.

The bowl is actually larger than the VC. I loaded them both as a comparison and would say visually the Vaphit X is about 50% larger than a 2021m.

It is better in nearly every way. I'd still say the VC is the easier to use and produces a more consistent experience. However, once you dial in the Vaphit it is superior.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
One thing i forgot from my review.

The bottom orings that holds the glass cap are very easy to dislodge. A little food safe lube (brewers lube) helps, but is this safe, at the temperatures? I use the smallest amount i can, you can hardly see it. A clean cap also helps. Perhaps thats why we get so many orings?

Not sure a redesign would help in this respect, its just something you need to put up with if using a glass cap.

I just give them a quick lick!

SlickHenry's and oddjobold comments match my experience. I bought a DynaVap at the same time and it is getting sold.
I do the same and seems to keep the o rings in good condition. Tip: Wait for it to cool down first!

I still think the VC with an induction heater is hard to beat for super fast and convenient hits so keeping mine

maremaresing

I just give them a quick lick!

Okay 3CPO calm down.

For people who don't have material approved lubricants in their mouths or on their bodies, don't use bodily fluids to maintain your devices. Beeswax works well in this case, and is good for conditioning wood, too. I recommend everyone have some around for their vaporizer stuff. It's organic and safe.

Rodney

Okay 3CPO calm down.

For people who don't have material approved lubricants in their mouths or on their bodies, don't use bodily fluids to maintain your devices. Beeswax works well in this case, and is good for conditioning wood, too. I recommend everyone have some around for their vaporizer stuff. It's organic and safe.

I lick them as well but after reading this I think I might stop doing it. Like the O rings are complete garbage and I have put extra ones on it over old ones just to keep the glass on after licking them.

Rodney,

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
I'm loathe to write this, but so far I've had zero o-ring issues with either the OG or the X. Does atmospheric pressure play a part in all this?

Perfect_Speed4069,
Top Bottom